Teacher of Geography
Location: Graham School, Scarborough
MPS/UPS (Coastal schools £4000 recruitment and retention and relocation package of up to £8000 available for the right candidate)
Start date: September 2019
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just under 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
On the 1st March 2019 we officially joined the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner George Pindar School. This is a positive step in our school improvement journey which will see us work collaboratively together sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students.
We follow good educational practice and tested school improvement strategies which will over the next three years see Graham School begin to take its rightful place as a leading school in the area.
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Geography to join our school
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join a Humanities team which has seen positive uplifts in 2018.
- Access to tailored CPD through Hope Learning Trust and their team of specialists. This includes courses such as NQT Leadership and Moving to Mastery teaching.
- Opportunities to access in your early stages NPQML, NPQSL, Ambition School Leadership and SLE involvement.
- Experienced colleagues and those in early career stages are welcome to apply, what is important is the ability to enthuse children with your passion for Geography .
- Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
- A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
- Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
- Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2019 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 13th May 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can talk with you about this unique and career-defining opportunity and you will have a chance to see what we have to offer.
Hope Learning Trust works in partnership with the Scarborough Opportunity Area and through this commission the recruitment services of this team.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack, please contact our Recruitment Partner James Annetts, Coastal Teacher Recruitment Lead for the North Yorkshire Coast.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01609 534939/07966 261249
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Applications will be acknowledged by email so please provide an email address. You are encouraged to accompany your application form with a letter of no more than two sides of A4 demonstrating how you fulfil the Person Specification in the application pack.
Hope Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.