Vice Principal (Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Achievement)
Start date: September 2019
Salary: L20 – L24 (Relocation package of up to £8000 is also available dependent on the candidate)
‘Serving others, growing together and living life to the full’
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just under 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
On the 1st March 2019 we officially joined the successful and established Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner George Pindar School. As a Trust we follow good educational practice and tested strategies which will over the next three years see Graham School begin to take its rightful place as a leading educational institution in Scarborough and on the Yorkshire Coast. Our vision is to have a school where we are ‘serving others, growing together and living life to the full’. These ten words create the environment for academic excellence and the development of the whole child.
Following the successful appointment of the current postholder to Principal of our fellow Trust coastal partner George Pindar School, we have restructured our Leadership team and are looking to appoint a visionary colleague to join us as our new Vice Principal for Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Achievement. You will be part of an SLT that consists of the Executive Principal, Principal, Vice Principal for Behaviour and Attitudes, Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Academic Intervention, Assistant Principal for Inclusion and Raising Aspirations and two Associate Assistant Principals.
Building on the solid foundations already in place you will play a vital role as you bring your experience, vision and ambition that will secure rapid and sustainable improvement across teaching, learning, assessment and achievement.
In many ways this is a career enhancing opportunity and we are looking for a colleague, teacher and leader to lead and drive rapid and sustained improvement within a challenging context.
We actively welcome interest from successful Assistant Headteachers as well as those already having impact at Deputy level. Resilience and energy to challenge historical weaknesses will be in your enthusiastic nature as you work with us to change our community for the better.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Demonstrate an understanding, awareness and empathy for the needs of pupils in Scarborough and how these will be met.
• Strive to be the best and achieve the best for all our school community.
• Value all our children, take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be life-long learners and realise their full potential.
• Encourage teamwork so staff and pupils contribute to school improvement.
• Be a leader of learning and have a clear focus on teaching and learning, a commitment to raising standards and when appropriate, the ability to implement rapid change.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills
• Be creative and innovative, lead by example and inspire the school community to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our children.
• Promote an environment that supports positive behaviour for learning.
• Be committed to their own and others’ professional development.
• Welcome the opportunity to work in close partnership with other schools and agencies and share best practice.
• Be an active member of the Hope Learning Community and committed to promoting the Trust vision.
In return we can offer:
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can talk with you about this unique and career-defining opportunity and you will have a chance to see what we have to offer. We can offer the following visit dates – March 25th -28th.
Hope Learning Trust works in partnership with the Scarborough Opportunity Area and through this commission the recruitment services of this team.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack, please contact our Recruitment Partner James Annetts, Coastal Teacher Recruitment Lead for the North Yorkshire Coast.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01609 534939/ 07966 261249
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be acknowledged by email so please provide an email address. You are encouraged to accompany your application form with a letter of no more than two sides of A4 demonstrating how you fulfil the Person Specification in the application pack.
Hope Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st April 2019 at 9am
Shortlisting for interview: Wednesday and Thursday 3rd and 4th April
Interviews: scheduled for w/c Monday 8th April 2019